Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Weekend

I've come to the conclusion that my blogging daily is a wrap, so I'm going to TRY and post once a week, every other week at the most. Right now I'm chillin' with the laptop across my feet, with What Kind of Man Would I Be - Mint Condition, playing on Spotify. I'm reflecting over the activities of the weekend. Helped a cousin have a rummage sale. There was some really good stuff, but I don't think that the advertising was as good as it could have been and I think running Friday and Saturday instead of Saturday and Sunday would have helped. I got some good buys. I bought several purses, 4 of them designer, a carry-on bag, a comforter and a video camera for my son all for under $30! Saturday night, I went swimming with my aunt and cousins and Sunday after church and the second sale, my cousins, aunts, grandmother and I got together for Quesadillas, finger foods and the Trade. What is the trade? It's a way to get rid of/regift something you no longer want. For instance, I brought about 12 things from jewelry I never wear, a cd I didn't care for and some clothes. We all laid out our wares and looked for things we liked. Once we found something, we found the owner and showed her the things we brought and she chose something she wanted. We did this until everyone had what they really wanted and then whatever was left over was free game for anyone. No one usually wants to take home the same things they brought. I made out pretty well. I found a dress, a workout outfit, some jeans a couple of tee shirts, a necklace and 3 pair of earrings. Some of the things traded still had tags on them. What a deal, huh? You should try it some times. Guys too! Until next time!

2 comments:

No Labels said...

I am glad you got some wonderful deals! Take care of yourself, and don't put any undue pressure on yourself as it pertains on how often you blog. Some days, the words may flow easy; other times, rarely or not at all.

Afrodeezha said...

Thank you...