Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lonely

I get so lonely,

don't want just anyone holding me.

Gotta share more than a sex drive.

Does anyone really know I'm alive?

They say oh you're so this and so that,

man, I'm so lonely, I don't even own a cat.

Physical attention is great, don't get me wrong,

but where is that one person who gets my song

I sing

without even opening my mouth?



The one with a ring.

There was one, once upon a time,

that I thought was the rhythm to my rhyme.

The lyrics to my song.

Worthy of my time.

Guess I was wrong.

"I could..."

"We should..."

"So good...

together"

But how many times did you come see me?

Never.

Your actions are louder

than any one word spoken.

Not once have you ever given me a single token

of your love

or something "just because".

The happy couple that never was.

You say I deserve this and that, yeah I do.

Obvious to me, it won't be coming from you.

Does anyone get me?

Really?

I'm so much more than what you see.

Perfect?

Never.

Not even close.

Can I have your attention? I'd like to make a toast

to the beautiful, sensitive, compassionate, strong, fiercely protective person that is me.

The one not many take the REAL time to see.

I may never find my one and only.

Will I find a way to kick this sadness and not be so lonely?


Unpublished work © 2010 D. Newman

No comments: