Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Monday, June 4, 2012

10~ List 10 people you love and explain what they mean to you

Wow...10 people. I don't think I was able to come up with 10 the last time. I don't know that I will this time either... Let's just start by eliminating family. Obviously I love them. 1. Probably no surprise to anyone who knows me...Dante. What does he mean to me? Everything. He is love in motion. He's my best friend. My confidant. My rock. When I can't be strong, he's strong for me and I'm all these (I hope) to him. He makes me want to be a better person. He doesn't make me feel ashamed of who I've been and we can be SILLY as all get out. We have so much fun. I truly love that man. 2. Kali...She is also love in motion, one of my closest friends. My Capricorn sister. When I think of the word love, I think of her. We became friends through an ex. We don't talk every day, may not talk every week. When we need each other, we instinctively get in touch. Yeah, she's one of THOSE friends. We can feel when one needs the other. Kali is SO creative! Writing, drawing, creating. I just love her to pieces! 3. April...I know I said no family, but April is my cousin and my friend. She grew up in Philly and we were adults before we really got to spend time together. She has come and sat with me for numerous operations. Our kids are close and I love it. April is my Ace, though we don't hang out like we should. Yep, that's my Apey-woo... 4. Sgt. AJ gives me life! This brotha...I met him back on Blackplanet and he is on a constant quest for greatness. He is determined to leave a legacy for his children. AJ is one of the most positive people I've ever known. Always imparting wisdom to the masses, LOL. Seriously, he's smart, spiritual, always tries to be positive and nearly always smiling. I love this dude and I tell him so. 5. My big little brother Sonny we're the same height, dang near the same age, but he thinks he's my Daddy and he's only 2 days older than I am LOL! We have been friends since high school and went to college together and he took it upon himself to be my overseer. I was there when he had his baby and when she had her baby. We cuss each other out on a regular, just because, but I love this one to pieces too. 6. My Skillet, as in Home Skillet. We share a birthday. We used to date. We're not anywhere near as close as we used to be, we just kind of grew apart. I still love him dearly. He's a great guy who deserves a great woman and I hope that he finds her soon. I'm also getting to know his sister via Facebook. They are both just genuinely great people to know. 7. I can't believe I'm saying this, but that first love...No, not the one who cheated, but the real #1... We've been in touch the past couple of years and we've had a chance to see how we've matured. Where we really didn't communicate back then, we do now and I can't help but think about the "what ifs" sometimes. That's neither here nor there though. We've each moved on, but if the relationship wasn't horrible and you just part ways, there's always a part of you that will love that person. 8. I have to say that I absolutely love my Urbansoulz family! There is a core group that I'm more close to than others and I'm crazy about 'em. They treat you like family is supposed to. Encourage you when you need encouragement. Lift you in prayer when you're down. Listen when you need an ear and the rest of the time they keep you laughing. That site is something else. It's a different caliber of people. If you don't know what love feels like, you will when they finish with you. I won't call names, but those I love like family know it. That's about it...I may think of someone later, but I'm going to go with this answer.

1 comment:

Thee_Kween said...

I love you too sis! I appreciate you more than you know. I can't wait to see you! :)D