Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How Come You Don't Call Me....Anymore?


I'll just have to fake it until I can make it. There's a smile on my face, yeah, but I'm broken inside. Yeah, sometimes I cry, whem I'm all alone with this heart of mine... ~Eric Benet-Sometimes I Cry

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a Prince title and an Eric Benet quote...Both are songs that stood out to me this morning and it's my blog, so :p

Sometimes superficiality gets to be too much for me. People get off on how you look, what you can do for them, how you can make them feel, etc.

I suppose there are still plenty of people who enjoy doing for others, but we seem to be few and far between.

This "Me" persona seems to be taken on by everyone. Friends, family, colleagues...people want to take, take, take.

Why haven't you called? Why haven't you come by? Why haven't you done this? I get tired of always being the one...

Why should I always be the one to see how you are? Why should I always be the one to call and say let's go out? Why should I be the one to suggest trying something new? Why should I miss your voice before you have to hear mine?

I'm TIRED.

I'm not going to write much more because I'll risk naming situations and people.

I'll just end saying that I cannot and REFUSE to maintain every relationship that includes me, outside my immediate family and my best friends.

Sh*t or get off the pot...It's spring. Time for growth.

No comments: