Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Miss You: A Plea

We used to be such lovers.

You would claim me, I would take you. Snuggled up every night,
sometimes catching me at the most inopportune times.

Sometimes just because.

Slowly you left me. No, not all at once. A little at a time.

You'd disappear here and there, not enough to really notice.

Suddenly you pretend to be there for the night, but you just up and leave and don't come back.

I desire you.

I need you.

I cannot live without you.

Other people agree that when I've had some of you, my attitude is improved.

If you come back, I'll take you wherever I can get you.

In the car.

At my desk.

In the chair.

*shhh* I'll even take a little of you at church, if it's good.

Why do you allude me, sleep?



Unpublished work © 2010 D. Newman

No comments: