Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Loyalty and Honor

Honor is unstable and seldom the same; for she feeds upon opinion, and is as fickle as her food. - Charles Caleb Colton
These are two things that there seems to be very little of these days. People aren't just "selling" theirs for a price, they give it away for free. I have been watching FB timelines periodically this week and it seems it is the season for relationships ending, be it a friendship or a full fledged relationship. The leading cause seems to be a lack of loyalty and dishonor for the relationship. It seems to me that once you commit to a friendship/relationship with someone, you're true to it and you don't end it without a fight. It has always puzzled me how a person could go on and on about what you mean to them and how they can't live without you and next thing you know, they have buddied up with someone else and left you without explanation. Especially someone they'd previously had a problem with. I mean honestly, a REAL man or woman would feel the need to have a little talk and tell you things from their perspective. I think that it's terrible to be in someone's life in nearly every capacity and then just walk away with no explanation. A punk move, even. Even more of a punk move is walking away after someone has opened up to you with their honest feelings, whether it be something about themselves, you or someone else. I mean, if you can't handle the truth, say that. Most people can't. I suppose these days it is to be expected and just a way of life. It still sucks.

No comments: