Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Don't Call Me, I'll Call You


Today's post is a rather angry one.

The past few days have been hard.

My 13 year old and I had a loooong travel day on Monday and I was starting to feel bad. I woke up Tuesday to a sore throat that I knew would turn into Strep and news that there had been an unfortunate incident, involving a close cousin.

I won't go into details because I'm still trying to put things together in my head.

Those who are closest to me know what happened.

What has irritated the hell out of me though and helped me to understand the rich and famous, when they release the statement "the family wishes to deal with things and want the public to respect their privacy" was nosey ass people.

I KNOW. Trust me, I know.

Before I even had the whole story, I had people (not just people, but people who I haven't heard from in months or years for some) calling me NOT asking if my cousin was ok, but starting off with "Is it true?". How fucking rude!

Well I refused to talk about it, mostly because it was just swirling in my head, not even making sense to me, but also because I know that if these people had the opportunity to talk to my cousin about things, he would tell them to mind their own business.

I understand that people are concerned and all, but to bombard family with calls and being nosey is NOT the biz and I'm not giving up any details, just say a prayer.

I actually stopped answering my phone and I was screening calls and got tricked when someone used another friend's phone. Not only did that person try to talk over me when I said I wasn't talking about it, but they called back twice after I hung up on them. Once from the friend's phone and again from their work phone.

C'mon Son! Respect the frickin' family. Give us space.

What you'll get out of me? He is doing as well as expected and is expected to recover. Anything else you want to know? Take your nosey ass to him when he's able.

4 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

Wow, people have NO respect. That is CERTAINLY rude!! You all have every right to guard the situation from looky lous and nosy ass monkey mofos. I'm sorry you all are going through such a horrible time. I'm praying. Love you.

☆Mz Gee☆ said...

In certain circumstances I would say overlook them cause they don't know no better (double neg) but in this case be glad that they revealed themselves for what they truly are and eliminate them.

If they aren't for you then to hell with them and that's just me being super frank. Hugs and prayers to you on whatever the situation may be.

candiigraham said...

It never ceases to amaze me that people want to spread gossip and ask for details when it is very apparent that they "don't give a damn". We both have been down the road as "the hot topic" of small ass Springfield. And with everything going on in their own lives, they have the nerve to not only ask details, but not be apologetic or sincere while doing so. I don't have to tell you to erase them from your life or keep them at a distance. We all show our "true" colors, sometimes it comes at the wrong time. Prayers for the family.

Misfit4Lyfe said...

Hugzzzzz I will be praying for u....