Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Saturday, May 5, 2012

A-Z: V

I get busier and busier, but dangit, I'm finishing this challenge! LOL Today is the letter
When I think of the letter V, I almost always think of Valentines Day.
That's a day that I love and despise at the same time. I love it because it celebrates love. I love love. I love to be in love. I love to show the one I love, that I do, in as many ways as I can find. I despise Valentine's Day because so much emphasis is put on this one day. I can't turn my feelings off and on and I can't celebrate the one I love really well one day and just ok the rest. I just can't turn off the feelings I develop after getting to know someone just because they don't show me the same (you knew this wasn't just going to be about V-day, didn't you?) LOL Psyche! I'm not going there. I just want to know where is your Valentine now? Is he/she waking up next to you every morning? "So in Love" that morning breath, crusty eyes and conversations from the toilet are a non-issue? Good for you! I love that! Does he/she still call every once in awhile, just enough to make you feel like it's ok to have sex every once in awhile and not have to "break" someone else in? Lose em. Not worth your time. Not really. You deserves someone who thinks more of you. Did you have a Valentine at all? Did you just fantasize of a relationship with someone you fell for? Well, what are you waiting for? Either make a move to let them know you're interested, or fuggetaboutit! Don't waste time pining after someone who doesn't know you exist or knows you exist and in almost 3 months' time, not shown interest in you any other than friendship. Enjoy the friendship and keep the love life moving. No on really gets an epiphany when they assume a person they might dig, will always be around. You'll never win. They always have the comfort in knowing you'll be there. Force yourself to open up to new possibilities. Get ya mind right. There's supposedly someone for everyone. Put yourself out there so your someone can see you, instead of keeping your hopes up that the one you're feeling might one day wake up and have feelings for you.
Vacation (also called Holiday) My most favorite vacation by far, has been to Montego Bay, Jamaica. That pic above looks exactly what the shoreline looks like from a jet ski about a mile out into the Caribbean Sea. Just absolutely beautiful. I haven't really been able to take a vacation since then. I was gone for 4 days and because I do take care to follow my kidney diet most of the time, I didn't have any issues. I'd love to do something like that again, but I refuse to go alone. I have a few friends/acquaintences that I'd love to visit, but I won't do so without an invitation. So I decided to just do a weekend, incorporating a concert of one of my new favorite jazz singers and one of my favorite Sister friends. I think we'll have a heck of a time and I can't wait! I'm sad though, because I'd love to spend a week in Jamaica or some other international location and without a transplant, it's just not possible. I have to get back on my grind...

2 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

Yea, I'm with you. I gotta love on mine all year. I don't wanna even think about having to submit to lukewarm love all year just to have a white hot Valentine's Day.

...And I am SO overdue for a vacay its not funny...

Afrodeezha said...

You know I'm right wit'cha! Boston baby!