Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Grudge





“Resentment or grudges do no harm to the person against whom you hold these feelings but every day and every night of your life, they are eating at you”

Norman Vincent Peale



*steps on soapbox and taps mic* Testing, testing, 1-2



This sista right here? I could hold a grudge! You did me wrong once and that was it. I held it against you forever!



Except for family and someone I was close to…I don’t know why, but I’d give them chance after chance after chance and they’d walk all over me each time.



I guess I wanted to hope that they could change…



And I’m the more forgiving sister…



I won’t put my sister out there like that, but what I will say is that if you mess up with her, you’d most likely better forget it.



I’m still really growing in this area, but the fact that I can say I’m growing, means that I WANT to improve.



Jesus just had to be…well, Jesus, in order to be able to forgive the way He did. People did a LOT worse to Him than what they’ve done to me.



We’re supposed to strive daily to be like Him, so I had to let go of the grudges.



Before I was able to get to this point where I am now) though, I had to work on my anger. It seemed like the more I tried to work on grudges, the more vengeful I got. This is what happens when you try to do it on your own, without praying.



I have been angered to the point that I’ve done some things I KNOW I’m going to have to answer to at the pearly gates and I probably could have been arrested a time or two!



I am proud to say that though I’m a work in progress, I mean, I refuse to be misused, but I handle it MUCH better.



(Did I tell ya’ll my sister used to call me Evilene?)



Heffa.



What I have come to realize is that when someone misuses you…when someone intentionally does things to you, makes comments about you, the problem isn’t really about you and it isn’t for you to handle.



Give it to God. Pray for that person because the problem is within them and may be fueled by jealousy or may just be fueled by an uncontrollable need to pick at someone to feel better about themselves and pray to be able to forgive them because holding a grudge doesn’t bother them one bit, it bothers YOU.



You just can’t give someone that much power.

No comments: