Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Monday, October 31, 2011

Urbansoulz Inspirations: Inspirational and Uplifting

Maybe I shouldn't, but I have an issue with how some people assume that because I no longer go to a traditional church, that I can't possibly be getting my spiritual food.

I happen to be in front of my computer every Sunday from 5:30-7:30 (central) for Urbansoulz Inspirations. It's a radio show that's hosted by The Messenger aka DJ Tan. Now he's not an ordained minister, but God gives word to many, not just to "professionals".

My mother is a minister and I recognize when someone is anointed and this man most definitely is. How do I know it's God? Every single week, within 2 days, I get the same message (sometimes word for word) that he gave, from a totally unrelated source. That, I learned a long time ago, is how you can tell when a word is of God.

Isaiah 55:11-New International Version (NIV)

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

That is the scripture that says so. Again, if a message is truly from God, you'll hear something later to verify it.

Urbansoulz Inspirations is a weekly show that can be found at www.urbansoulzradio.webs.com or http://www.spreaker.com/page#!/show/urban_soulz_radio

The lesson this week was on pride-it's not all about you!

Some of the scriptures highlighted:

Proverbs 22:4-New International Version (NIV)
4 Humility is the fear of the LORD; its wages are riches and honor and life.

Proverbs 8:13-New International Version (NIV)
13 To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

1 Peter 5:5-New International Version (NIV)
5 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
“God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”[a]

Footnotes:1 Peter 5:5 Prov. 3:34

Mark 10:45-New International Version (NIV)
45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

We listen to music with a message and we even have a chatroom open during this time. Come join us! Again, it's www.urbansoulzradio.webs.com

No comments: