Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pet Peeves (Not all of em, just a couple)

It's the time of the year when people try to do more for others. There are many people struggling.

Are you the type of person who will toss a little in the red buckets when you can? Do you have a toy/clothing/food drive? Do you help serve food? I don't really need to know if you do those things, but what I do want to know is if you do these things, why?

I know many good hearted people who do things just out of kindness. You rarely hear the things these people do because others knowing isn't a priority. Some (like me) prefer to do things without a bunch of fanfare. I don't feel it's necessary. I do things for others because I've seen a need and I'm in a position to do so.

What I hate is people who do good for others and then constantly talk about what they've done. I helped this person. I did this. I did that ORRRRR you volunteer to help someone out and then criticize what they do afterward. Ok, you helped someone. No one twisted your arm. No one forced you to. Not even the person you're helping. So because you helped this person, does that give you the right to try and control their life? I mean a little guidance is one thing, but to criticize their every move, is that what giving is really about?

Then when the person you've resolved to help, doesn't do things the way you want them to, is it right to dog them out to everyone who will listen?

**********************

My next pet peeve is liars. I despise a liar. I mean either tell the truth or don't say anything at all. What irks me even more is a bad liar. I mean nothing makes me madder than someone trying to insult my intelligence by telling me a lie in the first place, then forgetting what they told me, and scrambling when they have to recall what they originally said. Man, miss me with that.

Why do people feel the need to lie in the first place? Don't thier ignorant butts know that as adults, truth rules?

Is it really that necessary to try and impress someone? Or make someone feel sorry for them?

I guess they don't realize it all comes back and the truth eventually comes out.
In my book, cheaters are in the same category as liars.

************************

That's all for now...Never know what I'll write about, huh? Me neither, LOL. I sure do love this song though...

1 comment:

Reggie said...

Once a month I get together with a group of people in the company that I work for and we go and feed the homeless. The company I work for actually pays for the food and we merely show up and feed the homeless....women, children and veterans.

I do it because of how it makes me feel. When I evenutally leave this company, this is what I will miss the most. I've been doing this for about four years now. There is a woman that goes with me that's been doing it for more than 20 years. I respect her for her personal commitment and concern for those that are less fortunate.