Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So Thankful



This is the time of the year that people usually reflect on what they've been thankful for the past year. As you know, I don't wait until November because I'm always thankful for something.

I am thankful however, so I will share.

This actually came to me a few days ago, but I wasn't sure how to articulate it until this morning.

(It's your favorite subject for me to write about Reggie, LOL)

Yep. Love.

This year I am especially thankful for love. The love of my immediate and some distant family, especially for pulling together during and after the loss of my father.

The love of alllll my Great Grandmother's children, grand-children, great-grand- children and great-great-grandchildren all coming together to celebrate her 101st birthday.

The love of the few people I call friend. Throughout my ups and downs this year. I'd be crazy to try and call names because I would never want to forget someone. Honestly, you know who you are and I am so very thankful for you.

I am thankful that I am in such a happy place that I'm not constantly praying for a mate. I am thankful that I don't have a mate, but a partner (no, not in crime and not of the same sex) that has been by my side constantly. Allowing me (brief) pity parties, to sound off, be stupid and still be there when I realize it and to be absolutely silly. Someone who makes me smile several times a day, sometimes without a single word.

Someone who has finally made me realize that a boyfriend/fiance/husband doesn't make you happy, they add to your happiness. Someone who makes me know that without a doubt, when I wake up every morning, that I am loved by another human that I'm not related to and doesn't have to love me.

Yep. For all that, I am extremely thankful.

This holiday weekend, no matter how much or how little you have, do something else for someone, even if it seems to be a small thing. You've been blessed. Be a blessing to someone else.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

Love is a beautiful thing when it's found in the one place that people often abandon...acceptance. Happy Thanksgiving, sis.

Reggie said...

Love is a beautiful thing.

I am thankful for the love of my family as well Afrodeezha. Every Thanksgiving I always tend to think of my son, born on Thanksgiving Day 23 years ago tomorrow. I think of my beautiful wife, she was so angry at me that day 23 years ago....or was that just childbirth? I think of my daughter and that smile she had when she was 4 that would light up a room. Her 21 year old smile is nice, but it will never be as bright as it was then.

I think of my parents, siblings, cousins, , grandparents, aunts and uncles and the rest of my family. I think of the many times as I grew up of being around my family on Thanksgiving.....oh yes and that awesome food.

Happy Thanksgiving.