Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Monday, April 9, 2012

A-Z: N


I hope that you had a Happy Easter and were able to spend it with as many of your loved ones as you could.

The letter N is the first letter of my last name and I love to write it.

I like the N at the top because it reminds me of Nickelodeon. I'm not sure how long Nickelodeon has been in existence, but I used to truly love Nick at Night when they played all the classic shows from the 60's. Patty Duke, Father Knows Best, Dobie Gillis, etc. I liked those shows because they showed me that people hadn't always just started out as major stars. They had some "just ok" roles in the beginning.

Same as life. You may not be where you want to be in life, but you can keep working toward that goal. Sometimes you have to take the "just ok" jobs so you can gain experience and understand how other things work. It's never good to only know one way to do things or one way to be. I mean what if something happens and that one way isn't a possibility?

Newton- The last name of one of the actresses that reminds me of my mother when she was younger. Thandie Newton. I like her first name. It's different. I don't know that I'd name my child that, but it's surely unique! (Who else reminds me of my mom you ask? Eartha Kitt in her younger days). Not one more than the other, but I think a mix of the two.



What's really funny is that in the 80's, everyone used to say my mom looked like Jayne Kennedy!
(I still see it)

A few of the places I really would like to visit begin with N. Nassau, New Orleans, New York.


I'm such a sucker for a beach!


Ohhhh, you assumed I meant NYC? Well I would definitely like to go there too, but I want to visit my friend and see the sun rise and set on the Hudson in Peekskill!


There is a lot of history in the city of "Nawlins". Even before Katrina I wanted to go and just never did. I wanted to go down and help clean up after Katrina, but my health didn't allow it. If you have't seen When the Levees Broke and If God is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise are must see's.

I'd definitely love it if anyone wanted to sponsor me! LOL

Wishful thinking...Well, I need to catch a few Z's so I'm not stir crazy at work in a few hours.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: