Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A-Z: O


There aren't many O's that interest me, Oprah being one of them. I was a big Op-ee-rah fan in the early years. I even remember being in college and watching an episode on cheating and realizing to my dismay that the very woman going off about her no good husband, was from my city!

I love how Oprah gives to those less fortunate. Oh how I long to be able to do that! I'm going to one day! I'm a big fan of paying it forward and love to pay for the person behind me in a drive through or do something for someone just because.

What made me not a complete Oprah fan is how she has mislead people by making them think that there are other ways to get to God than through Jesus. She lost me there. I'm a Christian and I was offended by that. We all believe what we believe and to me, saying that after stating that you're a Christian is misleading. She's Oprah though right? She can say whatever she likes and it's going to be accepted. Hmph


The Obama's...America's first African American First Family. Why has this caused people to lose their natural minds? I swear some days they're trying to go back to the days of Jim Crow. I just don't understand why folks are up in arms about a black president. Underneath the skin, we're all the same. He's not a perfect man, none of us are. He has and will make mistakes. What people need to remember is that most likely, what happens in the first 4 years of a presidency is usually the undoing of the last. Remember that.

As far as the first family goes, I love em. I love that they represent something that people think don't exist. A happy black family. Parents that are in love, and educated and children who are just that, children. They read books, play basketball, make their beds and do their laundry. Go first family!


And then there's that...

For some it's elusive. Others can't get enough and yet others must go to extremes to get it. I vaguely remember it and look forward to the man in my future who brings it back!


No comments: