Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Friday, June 17, 2011

30 Day Love Challenge: Day 1-First Love

"Long as I live....my first love



Day 1~ First Love (of course!)...what they meant/mean to you...


My first love...his name was Demetrius. His nickname was Pee Wee.

He was a year younger than me and I really got to know him my senior year in high school, through my step-brother. Hah, I actually got to know my step-brother through him.

When prom came around, we'd already had other dates, so we didn't go together.

We started dating the summer after I graduated. We'd do what teenagers would do...go to the movies, go hang out with friends, go out to eat.

Pee Wee was a good 1st boyfriend, I thought. He was fine, had his own car, wasn't afraid to take me home to meet his family.

He was the first guy to propose to me. Let me choose my own ring. I didn't like traditional rings back then and I'd chosen a pearl ring with diamonds on the side.

We dated for almost two years. When the next school year rolled around, I was working at Sears and he was in school and I'd often pick him up at the end of the day. This was before all the school shootings and I'd actually go into the school and wait outside his classroom door.

He played football and I went to nearly all his games, hitching a ride with the cheerleaders in out of town games.

Perfection, right?

Yeah.

I go to his house one day and his sisters answer the door and they say he's not home, but they point upstairs. What? All my ex-families loved me then and they still love me!

So I go upstairs and lo and behold, he's upstairs with another girl. Needless to say, we broke up that day...

A few days later, I'd heard from a friend, that he'd been so upset about our breakup that he'd been drinking and decided to run his mom's cadillac into a light pole, in an attempt to end his life. I don't know how much of THAT story is true, but his mama's car was totaled and he asked for the ring back to help pay for the damage.

I'm the type of person that if my feelings for you cease, I don't want to see a daggone thing that reminds me of you, so I was only too happy to give it back.

After that there were messages through friends telling me how sorry he was and he wanted me back, etc. Wasn't happening.

I ended up going away to school and he decided to go to the military. Before he left, he came with my cousin, to visit me at school and to say goodbye.

He ended up in Germany and would write me from time to time, but a couple years would pass before I'd see him again.

When he did come back, he was doing so to get married. There's a whole lot of skipping in this story, for the protection of those involved.

Long story, a little shorter, we're connected on Facebook. Talk very little and as far as I know, he's divorced and from time to time, I have to remind him that we were together in '87 and not 20 anything...

So basically, he's an acquaintance that shares both good and bad memories with me...

1 comment:

BE Lauriette said...

Damn!! He messed up and then messed his mother's car up. That is some serious loving. Interesting that he is still in your life today.