Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Monday, July 11, 2011

26~ If your young daughter or son came to you and told you they were in love with someone your age...what would your response be?

My 13 year old? No go. PERIOD.

My 19 year old is technically legal to make decisions like that. I would ask him though, if he's in this relationship for the right reasons and what would he be bringing to the table. When it comes to relationships, he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and doesn't do drama.

If this person has kids, I'd ask him if he were willing to be all that his father was not to him, because it's a package deal.

If after that discussion, he still wants to pursue it, I'd step back and let him. I've learned that when I don't want him to do something that I think isn't such a wise choice, if I let him go ahead, he'll realize it isn't for him a lot faster than if I tell him no.


Then again, they could be another Ashton and Demi...

No comments: