Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Friday, October 5, 2012

You Ain't Got To Lie Craig!!!


^^^A string of lies ^^^



I tell you...I'm not going to say that I was always a truth teller, because I wasn't.  Somewhere around 18 though, I found I wasn't really that good at it.  I would lie to my dad and he'd come back with the truth EVERY DANG TIME.  So at that point, I found it pointless to lie about anything.

That's probably around the time that I started being extra sensitive to people though, not wanting to hurt their feelings.  If they'd ask for the truth, I'd tell them half.  I didn't think they could handle the truth. That wasn't really lying right? That was just not telling it all.

Fast forward 22 years.  I hit 40 and the truth and I mean the REAL truth started coming out. Whether I wanted it to or not.  I don't know what happened, but suddenly to my dismay, things that I would think in my head would be coming out of my mouth before I knew it!

Well I'm 43 now and I embrace it.  No one wonders what I'm thinking.  When people ask for advice, they get it raw and most of them appreciate that.  There are still some folks that can't handle the truth, but guess what?  Not my fault.

Which brings me to this...why are so many adults still lying about simple things?  I have never in my life come across such liars!  Seems like some folks are making up for lost time *smh*  I have been lied to and on so much in the last 3 years, it's not even funny.

Even when I had concrete proof of the truth, I got blamed because the other person(s) were such good liars.  I just don't understand it.  Why do people feel they have to lie about basic things?  Everyone is not the same.  Some will have more than you, some will have less and some will be right with you. Everyone is not going to like everything about you, nor you them.  Accept it and keep it moving.

Wherever you are, own it!  You may not have much, don't lie about it.  Talk to someone who has more than you.  Ask them what advice do they have to help you up.  The average person doesn't mind.  It's usually the asses who have everything that think there's no room for anyone else at "the top".

Funny thing, I catch people in so many lies it's not even funny.  Sometimes I go looking for the truth, but most of the time it falls right into my lap.  I think it's God showing me things because I'm not that great of a detective.  A lot of people won't understand that.

Most of the time I don't call people on their lies.  I just sit back and watch and listen to them stack up.  What I will do now is I will not mess with them like I did before.  Why should I?  If they'll lie about themselves, they will surely lie about me.  Why give them a chance? 

As I listen to the lies spill from their mouths, I zone out (they don't usually notice my eyes glaze over) and a la Ally McBeal style, I stop the conversation in my head and scream "YOU AIN'T GOT TO LIE CRAIG, YOU AIN'T GOT TO LIE!!!" 

One of my favorite movie lines to quote! LOL







4 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

Brava!! The truth shall set you naked and free into a world of clear skies and bright colors!! Everything is better in the damn light!!

Afrodeezha said...

Where's the "like" button for comments? LOL!

Thee_Kween said...

lmao! You're too used to Facebook!!!

Reggie said...

I've found that I'm such a poor liar that I just prefer to tell the truth these days.