Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts...
The randomness that is I

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Attitude Schmattitude


I have an attitude.


Folks that know me, are cracking up right now and saying ok, and? It's common knowledge. That's just me. I take a lot of things to heart. I'm trying to do better. People just piss me off.


Why do I have an attitude, you say?


I'm looking at a form for the Employee Giving Program this year.


I have given every year except one, since I started working here in 1989.


I have an attitude because they have the utmost nerve to ask me to donate, or "gift", rather to charity, when weeks ago I WAS charity!


Why was I charity? Because the same employer that wants me to give, "tooketh away" in the form of furlough days.



fur·lough 
 [fur-loh]–noun
1.
Military . a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person.
2.
a usually temporary layoff from work: Many plant workers have been forced to go on furlough.
3.
a temporary leave of absence authorized for a prisoner from a penitentiary.
–verb (used with object)
4.
to grant a furlough to.
5.
to lay (an employee or worker) off from work, usually temporarily.


Very basically, they told me to take x amount of days off and though I have plenty of vacation time, with no pay.


I'm not going to rehash the issue (much) because I've already talked about it late last week, but yeah. Attitude. For real...


I'll hold on to my money and donate as I'm moved.

1 comment:

Thee_Kween said...

I agree...don't give em shit, unless you so damn well please. *hmph*